Careers With The Dow Company : Employment Opportunities
At the Dow Company, we’ve always got our eye out for qualified candidates to join our award-winning team. Below, we’ve listed some specific positions we are currently seeking to fill.
Looking for a candidate with strong leadership and communication skills to take the lead of our growing estimating department. Time management and attention to detail is essential to the success of this person and the department. The right candidate will provide mentoring and training as needed to ensure the entire staff is operating at an optimum level to ensure the success of the department. Responsibilities will include strategically planning and implementing department and company initiatives. Estimate complex and large-scale jobs, including conceptual estimates, negotiated bids, budgets, general conditions, systems studies and comparisons, value engineering, subcontractor relations and staying up-to-date on industry developments applicable to estimating. Additionally, participate in business development activities, presentations and interviews to secure new work.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Highly developed sense of professional ethics
- Ability to work both on a team as well as independently
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy
- Commitment to quality
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and create efficiencies
- Proven track record of leadership
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- 10+ years of civil construction experience including estimating
- Strong computer skills
Looking for candidates with strong organizational skills to run large scale projects throughout eastern MA. Time management and attention to detail are a must for this position. The right candidate will have a strong understanding of site work projects and be able to execute purchasing and buyouts of subs and vendor, pricing of change orders, manage costs, meet with owners and or GC’s to coordinate the flow of the projects and ensure success.
- Strong understanding of site work
- Self motivated for success
- Highly organized
- Ability to multitask
- Leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in construction related field
- 5 to 10 years of civil construction experience
- Strong computer skills
To get the conversation rolling, please email your resume to us at email@example.com as a PDF attachment, explain your interests, and give us your complete set of contact information. No phone calls please.